Hello Brides to Be ! I think that for most women the next section is the most thrilling part of this process. By now you have pulled photos of gowns & found where your favorites are carried. Please give yourself time for the shopping. You may discover dresses that were not in magazines & if time is on your side you can try on several and have a wonderful time at the bridal salon. Nine months is a good time to find a dress so that you can have at least 3 fittings.
2) Entertainment Whether you desire live music or a great DJ recommendations are the way to go. Of course if you have been to weddings & events where you loved the music, interview those first. When you find your favorite book them immediately.
3) Catering Some venues offer their own caterers of course but if they do not, consider your reception time of day & the type of cuisine you are looking for. Again if you had great food at an event you attended start there first. They will do a tasting for you. When you’re sure hire them !
4) Out of Town Guests If people are attending from out of town book rooms for them. Many hotels will discount (especially in this economy) for a block of several rooms.
5) Bridal Registry It’s a good idea to choose a few places to register. Yes it takes time but giving guests a choice is a wonderful & thoughtful idea, especially if you know that some guests may be on a budget.
6) Free Wedding Website Many Bridal Websites offer couples a personal page to list their date, venue, photos, guests’ hotel etc. One great site for this service is Wedding Wire
They also have lots of fabulous resources & ideas.
After you establish your site send your guests the link.
Next blog: Six months out: Bridesmaids dresses,
invitations & more!