Happy Spring Brides to Be ! Six months out you definitely should have a meeting with your maids about:
1) Their Dresses ! Here’s why you should have a meeting…Presumably you have a color in mind and your maids will go along with your choice. But everyone has some insecurity about their bodies & what they look good in.
So sit down with them and show them your ideas about color & style. If you are flexible, a great trend that I have seen a lot is having one color in various styles. That way everyone can be happy ! Ann Taylor is definitely just one store where you can accomplish this.
2) Shop for & purchase invitations. If you have the budget for a calligrapher, hire one immediately.
If you are in Chicago & are looking for custom designed invitations or save the date cards Lidia Varesco
of LVS Design is a great source.
3) Sit down with your fiance`and plan your honeymoon. Here are all the important items to take care of besides your destination.
a) Budget – That’s huge and controls your Hotel choice, Travel agent ? and Flights.
b) Book your flights EARLY… about 10 months before your wedding.
c) Look for hotels & book one. The earlier the better, so you can get the one you really want.
d.) Travel Insurance
e) Passports, Visas (if necessary) & vaccinations if you are going somewhere exotic.
4) Send save the date cards.
5) Meet with your officiant and discuss with him or her how you would like the ceremony.
If you are having a destination wedding ask the hotel for a referral.
6) Jot down all the wedding day events ( with your Mom or friend or planner) & organize them
into a timeline. This is the perfect time to check in with your makeup and hair team & organize a timeline with them.
Next time, Four months out. Rehearsal dinner, Wedding Cake
your accessories & more !