Practical Guide to Wedding Planning
In honor of my new blog on WordPress I am republishing my entire Wedding Planning Guide. I hope you all enjoy it.
Hello Brides to be ! So you just got engaged. Congratulations ! And you already may be feeling a bit over whelmed…OMG WHAT DO DO FIRST !!! The key is to have a solid planning guide.
The guide that I will be giving you is based on a one year plan though of course you can adjust it to your own timetable.
1) Start a bridal file and fill it with photos from Bridal, Cooking and Home magazines & websites. This will inspire you and help you choose your Dress, Jewelry, Flowers, Table Design & Cuisine. Pinterest can be a great resource for this. Start your own wedding Pinterest Site !
2) Put your budget together. If family members are contributing
combine your wedding savings with theirs & begin to decide how
you will allocate the funds.
3) Choose your Bridal party. Both you and your Fiance should work on this together.
4) After shopping for & choosing a venue, book the date.
5) The guest list. Of course you need to discuss this with parents
Just keep in mind that there will be many other costs to be considered so if you don’t have a big budget you may have to be strong on this point. People will
be understanding about this.
6) If your budget allows hire a wedding planner to help with all the details and the vendor search .
But you Can find vendors on your own….there is plenty of help out there. One Wed, Wedding
Wire and Wed Plan are great because vendors are reviewed by brides. Good idea to start your
search now & give yourself 2 months to decide.
7) Book your officiant.
Next time we will talk about florists, makeup, hair, entertainment,caterers and other important things to do nine months out.
GIFTS FOR YOUR WONDERFUL BRIDESMAIDS
|Loli’s Creations on Etsy|
|Photo courtesy of Visage Joli Bridal Makeup & Hair|