There are many engagements between now & Christmas ! So let’s get busy.
1) Shop for your Makeup & Hair team. Get recommendations from friends who have similiar tastes. Try to go with quality as opposed to price and if possible try out a few & take photos at the trials. Also, these people will be spending several hours with you & your bridesmaids & Moms. Make sure they are friendly & likable.
2) Florists. Again, Check out the wedding websites. Usually if a vendor has lots of good reviews they will be winners ! Go to your meeting with a firm idea of what you want and beforehand check out what flowers will be in season on your wedding day.
3) Hire your Photographer & Videographer Ask other married friends for recommendations and look at their albums & videos. Also ask your makeup artist for photographer references. They are particular & have a good eye.
Ask to see entire weddings from these 2 vendors. You want to be positive that your vision is the same as theirs.
Acquire references from them & call these brides.
I feel a small studio is a much better way to go because you are dealing directly with the people who will be shooting & filming your wedding.
Also find out how long it will take to get proofs & that you see them before they go online.
Next.. in a couple of days I promise; Your DRESS, entertainment, caterers & more.
Have a great day !
In honor of my new blog on WordPress I am republishing my entire Wedding Planning Guide. I hope you all enjoy it.
Hello Brides to be ! So you just got engaged. Congratulations ! And you already may be feeling a bit over whelmed…OMG WHAT DO DO FIRST !!! The key is to have a solid planning guide.
The guide that I will be giving you is based on a one year plan though of course you can adjust it to your own timetable.
1) Start a bridal file and fill it with photos from Bridal, Cooking and Home magazines & websites. This will inspire you and help you choose your Dress, Jewelry, Flowers, Table Design & Cuisine. Pinterest can be a great resource for this. Start your own wedding Pinterest Site !
2) Put your budget together. If family members are contributing
combine your wedding savings with theirs & begin to decide how
you will allocate the funds.
3) Choose your Bridal party. Both you and your Fiance should work on this together.
4) After shopping for & choosing a venue, book the date.
5) The guest list. Of course you need to discuss this with parents
Just keep in mind that there will be many other costs to be considered so if you don’t have a big budget you may have to be strong on this point. People will
be understanding about this.
6) If your budget allows hire a wedding planner to help with all the details and the vendor search .
But you Can find vendors on your own….there is plenty of help out there. One Wed, Wedding
Wire and Wed Plan are great because vendors are reviewed by brides. Good idea to start your
search now & give yourself 2 months to decide.
7) Book your officiant.
Next time we will talk about florists, makeup, hair, entertainment,caterers and other important things to do nine months out.
|Loli’s Creations on Etsy|
|Photo courtesy of Visage Joli Bridal Makeup & Hair|
There are so many extraordinary & gorgeous headpieces in the 2015 collections that I hardly knew where to start.
|Two Vintage Hollywood Styles|
|Versatile Braids Still trending in 2014|
|The Updated Flip|
|A classic style & a perfect opportunity for hair jewelry|
|Very Audrey Hepburn|
|Elegant, Classic and absolutely divine hair jewelry. Love that it drapes over the ear !|
We saw a lot of this lovely look in 2014 …demure yet a little messy with very artistic hair ornaments.
|So Sixties and yet so Modern…Really Hot !|
stone, some women would like the newest and most trendy of engagement rings. I personally love the rose gold, since it is reminicent of antique jewelry. The twisted band design is also very elegant !
Yes these lovely, fresh looks have come directly from the 2015 Bridal runways in New York & Europe. Soft Pinks, Berries, True Reds and Luscious Clarets took center stage on the models faces as well as beautifully prominent eyebrows. So Audrey Hepburn ! And eyes are so clean and soft.
The designers looks featured here are Reem Acra, Alberta Feretti, Jenny Packham,
Anne Barge and Romona Keveva.
The Fall of 2014 and Spring 2015 are incredibly elegant and exquisite for Brides.
|Gown by Reem Acra|