How exciting…Time to talk about your wedding cake ! I LOVE this one. So if you are doing this on your own
(WITHOUT A PLANNER) choose 3 bakers first. That way you won’t be overwhelmed. Remember if your budget is somewhat limited think simple & elegant. Wait until you have attended all your tastings before you commit to one. You won’t believe how many flavors there are !
2) Choose your rehearsal dinner venue and book it. This dinner can be as casual or elegant as you wish. I have noticed that lots of couples are going for the more casual to take the stress off their budgets.
3) Dress fittings: Make sure that you have chosen your shoes prior to the first fitting so that you can bring them with you. Bridal shops are great places to look for accessories But I have an even better resource for you ! For the most exquisite Bridal jewelry, hair accessories, veils & sashes check out Bella Bleu Bridal All of their pieces are very well made and absolutely gorgeous. So back to fittings…definitely start them at 4 to 5 months prior to the wedding so you will have your dress at least 2 weeks before your wedding.
4) Check with your stationer to see a sample of your invitations. Make sure they are exactly the way you want them. This is your last chance to make changes.
5) Choose your music for the ceremony, your presention at the reception, your first dance & of course music for your guests to dance to. Make it very clear what you like & what you do not want.
6) If you have not already done so choose & purchase your rings.
You will need time to order them if they are custom made and for perfect sizing.